God our Father has given us an awesome, divine, eternal and precious gift that will take us into an adventurous, exploring and very secured joyful ride, filled with wonder and with all the provisions we will ever need. That gift is Jesus Christ who is filled with unlimited promises that are one-hundred percent true and real. He is also filled with unlimited, radical and super powerful grace to help us with all our needs in our time of need, regardless of the severity and gravity of our need.
One of the great needs of the church today is that many Christians have become spiritually frustrated and extremely ineffective because of where they look for answers for their needs. They continually look to others rather than to God our Father through Jesus Christ in the power of the Spirit for the answers they desperately need. The reality is that they treat God as a paramedic, asking for His help only when they have a need.
It has become evident that a great number of Christians are shallow because they are confused about what they believe. This causes Biblical disunity. This also leads to a long list of consequences that affect them very negatively. Consequently, there are more prisoners in our churches in America than in all the prisons and jails put together in the whole world. We have become rebels and captives to our own sin, and we refuse to see the exit door, who is Jesus Christ. He will empower us through the Spirit, to run out the door to the safe and secure everlasting arms of our good Father, inside His fence!
We as a church in America, hence society at large, are in a desperate and critical, spiritual CRISIS! What are we to do?! We must look to the gift God has given: Jesus Christ. He offers to all Christians, in His unlimited package called the Gospel, a bullet proof plan of protection with an impenetrable fence of love.
There are the five Biblical, practical and essential components of God our Father’s fence of love for us to use as our application for life:
1. The fence is the Word of God. The fence is our righteousness. This fence is wide and spacious because God our Father gives us a lot of freedom and space in which to move and be happy and free in Christ. This fence is not restrictive, but it protects us (Deuteronomy 32:46-47; Hebrews 4:12-13).
2. The Body of Christ. Your community of believers are locking arms tight and standing tall/high, as our protector inside and around the entire fence. We serve as vigilantes, looking out for and defending our own with our very lives. Jesus died and bled to establish His church (Matthew 16:18; Ephesians 3:10, 5:25; Colossians 1:24).
3. The Holy Spirit our Helper and Counselor illuminates the fence with the brightness of Christ Jesus and empowers us with resurrecting power, so none of us will miss or jump the fence. The Devil will try his hardest to get us to jump the fence of righteousness, but since he has been defeated, we have no excuse to jump the fence! (Luke 10:35-37, 11:13; Ephesians 1:13-14).
4. The cross right in the middle of the fence for us to cherish, value and tightly embrace, never letting it go (Galatians 2:20; 1 Corinthians 1:18-2:6).
5. Then go and make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey ALL the Word because you are strong and equipped with the cross and with Christ! (Matthew 28:16-20; Luke 10:1-3).