Having Begun in the Spirit
A Word to Pastors and Leaders As pastors and leaders, we must continually return to Paul’s question: Having begun in the Spirit, are we now…
Read articleExplore teaching, encouragement, and life in ministry.
202 articles · Page 1 of 12

By Rafael Manzanares
A Word to Pastors and Leaders As pastors and leaders, we must continually return to Paul’s question: Having begun in the Spirit, are we now…
Read article
By Wendy Zahorjanski
We have been packing the ultimate missionary care package together. The first step was learning what to pack in your heart. The next section is…
Read article
By Jeff Gipe
In 1992, I sat in a classroom at the School of Ministry at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa. Every Friday morning, Pastor Chuck Smith would walk…
Read article
By Alan Stoddard
What is my story with sermon-based small groups? On July 27, 2017, our world lost a legend. It was on that day Haddon Robinson stepped…
Read article
By Wendy Zahorjanski
This topic requires me to put all my cards on the table right from the get-go. I am a missionary. I have been living outside…
Read article
By Mike Dente
Moses is such an incredible person to look at in the scriptures that though I lack commonality with him, I find myself drawn to his…
Read article
By Nate Holdridge
In this article, I want to consider twenty practices that will help you serve Jesus for a long time in one place. I began serving…
Read article
By Matt Kottman
This is part 3 of a 3 part series. You can find part 1 and part 2 here: Part 1 Part 2 (Originally published on…
Read article
By Nate Holdridge
So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a partaker…
Read article
By Matt Kottman
This is Part 2 of a 3 part series. You can find Part 1 here: The Church & Victims Of Depression Providing Training In our…
Read article
By James Travis
Many people have personal preferences and their own opinions about the gathered church (which is fine; we’re all made, graced, and gifted uniquely, cf. 1…
Read article
By Wesley Towne
Introduction Burnout is real. And burnout seems to be an epidemic in Western culture. On so many levels, our cultural atmosphere is aggravating burnout. Think…
Read article
By Mike Dente
In the Protestant West, we’ve come to see church planting as a mainstream activity for Christians. But I wonder. As we enter an area with…
Read article
By Nate Holdridge
My first Easter as pastor of Calvary Monterey, I preached from John 20, and someone put some flowers in front of the pulpit—and that was…
Read article
By Cathy Taylor
As I talk with women involved in ministry all over the world, I hear similar themes repeated over and over such as, “Women these days…
Read article
By The GoodLion Podcast
In this episode, Aaron is joined by guest Nate Holdridge to discuss the anonymity of pastoral work. While pastoral work may seem like a public…
Read article
By Calvary Global Network
Hosted by Brian Kelly, this podcast will feature insightful and inspiring conversations with experienced church planters, leaders, and pastors from around the Calvary Chapel movement and beyond. Our goal is to provide encouragement, guidance, and support to those…
Read article
By Rob Salvato
Rob Salvato and Ted Leavenworth are joined by Benji Horner (Light Church) and Casey Kendell (Bridgetown Church) to discuss the benefits and importance of starting…
Read article