Memories Of Revival, The Jesus People Movement, And How Chuck Smith Inspired Us To Preach
My family and I started attending Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in 1974 when I was 11. It was during the height of the Jesus People…
Read articleExplore teaching, encouragement, and life in ministry.
25 articles · Page 1 of 2

By Rob Salvato
My family and I started attending Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa in 1974 when I was 11. It was during the height of the Jesus People…
Read article
By Maryellen Stipe
It is hard to believe that our beloved Pastor Chuck has been gone for a decade. I remember how honored my husband, Tom Stipe, was…
Read article
By Nate Holdridge
It was the late nineties, cassette tapes were still a thing. Each semester, each of us would spend our hard-earned cash to buy a box…
Read article
By Rick Soto
Only in the later years of Pastor Chuck’s life and ministry did I have the pleasure of personal interactions with him. I was at Murrieta,…
Read article
By Brian Brodersen
October 3, 2023 marks ten years since the passing of Pastor Chuck Smith, who was the man God used to start the Calvary Chapel Movement of churches. In this bonus episode of Mission & Methods Podcast, Nick Cady…
Read article
By Greg Laurie
In this video, Greg Laurie, a renowned author and evangelist, acknowledges the profound impact that Chuck Smith had on an entire generation. Greg Laurie attributes much of his ministry’s success to Chuck’s generosity and guidance. For example, Chuck…
Read article
By Jeff Gipe
The first time I set foot in Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa was on Easter morning. The air was full of electricity as thousands of people…
Read article
By Mike Dente
The first time I discovered Chuck Smith’s teaching, my wife and I were on our honeymoon. The pastor mentoring us as a couple invited us…
Read article
By Tommy Coomes
In 1971 or 1972, Mike MacIntosh asked me to capture the new worship songs that were being born during the Jesus Movement on vinyl. (Yes,…
Read article
By Joey Rozek
That voice…that beaming smile…that sparkle in his eyes. Even after a decade has gone by, who could forget the man that thousands upon thousands have…
Read article
By John Bonner
Even though it has been a decade since Pastor Chuck’s passing, his voice still resonates in the ears of those who were touched by his teachings. Whether it was his meticulous verse-by-verse exposition or the profound words of…
Read article
By Calvary Global Network
Keeping Jesus At The Center – Ray Ortlund My wife Jani and I were at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa on New Year’s Eve 1971, going…
Read article
By Chuck Smith Jr.
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see; all I have needed Thy hand hath provided: great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me! Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;…
Read article
By Ed Stetzer
Ten years ago, on October 3, Chuck Smith died. At the time, I wrote how it is hard to overstate the impact on the modern…
Read article
By Rick Warren
I first met Chuck Smith in 1974 as a long-haired 20 year old serving as youth pastor at a nearby church. On weekends, I’d drive…
Read article
By Riley Taylor
Join Pastors Wayne and Riley Taylor as they lovingly reminisce and share their memories of Pastor Chuck Smith, affectionately known to many as “Papa Chuck.” God used Pastor Chuck to play an instrumental role in their spiritual journeys.…
Read article
By Calvary Global Network
Editor’s note: This month CalvaryChapel.com is doing a series of articles reflecting on the amazing work that Jesus accomplished through the life and ministry of…
Read article
By Cheryl Brodersen
October 3 catches me unexpectedly every year. It is a bittersweet day. On the one hand, I am so thrilled that my father is where he has always wanted to be—with Jesus, whom he cherished all his life…
Read article