• "Iranian Refugees Return to Christianity in the Netherlands"– BBC News "In the Netherlands, thousands of Iranian Muslim migrants and refugees are converting to Christianity, despite conversion from Islam being considered apostasy in Iran and punishable by death."
• "Patience and Hermeneutics: On Brian Zahnd, Marcion, and Origen"– Mere Orthodoxy "Brian Zahnd’s new book, Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God, has invited comparison with one of the greatest of early heretics, Marcion. In a long and measured review, Derek Rishmawy makes the case that Zahnd’s hermeneutic is 'a sort of cross-Testamental, Neo-Marcionism.' Both Zahnd and Marcion are convinced that the goodness of God is inconsistent with his wrath, and so both conclude that 'looking at Jesus means massive, sweeping portions of what the prophets and apostles testify about God (in both Testaments) is categorically false.'”
• "Turning Tides" Album Release by Wildwood Kin Wildwood Kin is an Indie Alt Folk trio from Southwest UK. Enjoy their new album as they deliver both modern sound with powerful lyrics.
• "Rosa Parks Calling -- Politics Cannot Heal Our Nation, Only Faith Can Do That"– Fox News Opinion "Eventually, I managed to grab a seat next to her, and we began to talk. I was quickly struck by how strong her faith in God truly was. As a pastor, I knew at that moment where her resolve came from. She wrote in her book Quiet Strength that her belief in God developed early in life."
• "Breastplate of Righteousness"– Back to Basics "Today, we come to the breastplate of righteousness. The breastplate, of course, protected the vital organs—the heart, the lungs, the pancreas, and the liver...Therefore, the breastplate is to protect us in the realm of our emotions. Notice it is the breastplate of righteousness. Satan quite often attacks our emotions in regard to righteousness."
• "Keven McKenna: It's Time to Stand Up to Those Who Wish to Criminalise Faith"– David Robertson, The Wee Flea "Effectively, this individual, a member of the influential Edinburgh establishment, is seeking to bring about state-sponsored religion. Other groups are trying to persuade the government faith schools are hotbeds of anti-gay propaganda and must be shut. It’s another lie."
The Link is a collection of content from around the web discussing topics in culture, theology, ministry and current events. CalvaryChapel.com does not necessarily endorse or agree with every message or perspective in the diverse pieces posted on The Link. By providing The Link, we hope to help you stay informed of important events and conversations taking place in the world that are relevant to the Christian faith.